Senior Contracts Manager to review vendor claims and contracts, risk assessment and price structures for a large construction project - Fort St. John - 19528
Our Utilities Client is looking for a Senior Contracts Manager to review vendor claims and contracts, risk assessment and price structures for a large construction project - Fort St. John - 19528
Initially 12-month contract with high chance of extension. Based in Fort St. John
- 9+ years of Contract management experience or equivalent with experience supporting projects and managing suppliers
- Experience with complex construction/Engineering contracts actively managing contract changes and claims
- Class 5 Driver's License in good standing
- This is an advisory role providing support to experienced Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Work is predominantly post-award working on complex contracts with substantial values.
- Ensure suppliers fulfill their contractual obligations by monitoring contract performance, identifying issues, taking timely action to resolve issues, and communicating with stakeholders to minimize risk and maximize supplier performance.
- Establish and maintain a meaningful relationship between suppliers, stakeholders, and supply chain organization through activities such as timely communication, resolution of issues, and relevant reporting enabling the successful implementation of sourcing initiatives.
- An educational/employment background in Quantity Surveying would be more appropriate for this role than Business, Law or Economics. Similarly, any postgraduate studies or a demonstrated interest in dispute resolution/arbitration would be more beneficial than PMP/SCMP certification.