Senior DevOps Engineer to lead capabilities for Infrastructure Operations
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 2
Start Date: Aug 22, 2022
Job End Date: Mar 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Daily: Negotiable
Job ID: 122102
Our valued Public Sector client requires Senior DevOps Engineer to lead capabilities for Infrastructure Operations. The DevOps specialist must possess a strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and will be on the 'right-side' of DevSecOps.
As part of this role, the selected candidate will be expected to mentor, coach and delagate tasks to the students on the team.
- Technical support and continuous improvement of tooling platform
- Build and maintain the automation to provision, maintain, and monitor all aspects of the ELK stack via infrastructure as code.
- Configure the ingestion of new log sources
- Perform general platform maintenance activities, including backup monitoring, patching, and upgrades
- Experience with micro-services software architecture and container environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Design and development of Microservice architecture
- API enhancements, support and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis.
- Deploying new builds of the software - continuous build, integration & deployment tools (Jenkins, GitHUB, Jira)
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Feature planning, story point estimation based on User Stories
- Knowledge of Agile and the full software development lifecycle, including deployment and operation.
- Azure ADO, Active Directory