Senior Java Developer to design and implement enhancements to a financial trading application (Findur)
Our valued financial client is seeking a Senior Java Developer to design and implement enhancements to a major financial trading application!
Initial 1-year contract (100% Remote), with a possibility of extension to a total maximum term of 3 years.
As the successful candidate you will analyze, design, and implement enhancements to meet business requirements (regulatory driven and technology evergreening) for an OpenLink trading platform (Findur).
- Analyze, design, and implement enhancements to meet business requirements (regulatory driven and technology evergreening)
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with technology partners and internal stakeholders
- Perform technical and root-cause analysis on issues and make recommendation for correction
- Promote development practices such as test-driven development and dev ops
- Adopt and champion the current frameworks that have been built to automate and modernize the Findur application
- Provide second-line support, including on-call, shift and/or overtime, as required (the successful candidate will be required to be on-call once every sixteen weeks and may be required to work during non-standard business hours)
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience with Java-based application development using Eclipse IDE, preferably with Oracle RDBMS in the backend
- 5+ years’ of demonstrated experience working with Openlink products such as Findur or Endur
- Experience with RDBMS databases, with solid understanding of SQL
- Demonstrated experience supporting applications with high criticality, availability, reliability, and security requirements
- Demonstrated experience with Agile projects (SCRUM)
- Demonstrated experience with performance testing
- Demonstrated experience with financial applications/systems
- Demonstrated experience with data warehouses
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps (Jenkins, GitHUB)
- Demonstrated experience with cloud services (e.g. Azure)