Senior Mainframe Developer (ADABAS / Natural) to provide ongoing production support of a major pension system
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Oct 02, 2023
Job End Date: Mar 31, 2024
Pay Rate: Daily: Negotiable
Job ID: 132054
Our federal government client has a requirement for a Senior Mainframe Database Administrator (ADABAS / Natural) to provide ongoing production support of a major pension system
- Extensive experience working with ADABAS databases and programming using Natural programming language
Deliverables include but are not limited to the following:
- Pension system production incidents/outages - documented problem analysis, tracking and problem resolution using prescribed departmental problem tracking tools.
- Systems Analysis - for the assigned work and where appropriate, defined and documented requirements for data, work-flow, logical processes, network, hardware, Operating System, COTS, other system interfaces and outputs.
- Utilizing TSO in a ZOS mainframe environment the following deliverables:
- Application software coded in MVS COBOL and CICS COBOL;
- job submission streams coded in JCL.
- support for ADABAS
- For the assigned work: maintenance life-cycle documentation in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
- Weekly Status Report.