Senior Manager of Performance and Analytics to develop, perform and maintain methodologies and analytics.
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Dec 01, 2022
Job End Date: Jun 30, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 125187
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Manager, Performance & Analytics is a subject matter expert who provides support to the team by developing and maintaining performance methodologies, calculations, benchmarks, attributions and reports to provide timely, accurate and high-quality performance analytics. This involves performance calculations, testing new products, attribution analysis, ad-hoc analytics, responding to client requests, investigating discrepancies, and ensuring the availability and accuracy of data provided to various stakeholders. The Manager may also lead projects within the branch or represent the branch in cross functional corporate or departmental projects, including and not limited to semi-annual IRR calculation, Investment Performance Database, and related ad-hoc development.
- 5+ Years of experience in Investment Performance Measurement or Back/Middle office functions, acting as lead in managing processes and/or people
- Knowledge of SimCorp Dimension in general and/or SimCorp Dimension performance manager
- Broad understanding of analytical tools and programming languages, including but not limited to Excel VBA, Tableau, Power BI and Python
- A relevant university degree (finance, math, economics, computer science), completion of CIPM, CFA, or CPA designation (an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered)
- Expert knowledge of complex institutional investment portfolios and industry standard performance measurement, attribution, benchmarking practices, and GIPS for Asset Managers
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to tackle challenges in an innovative way
- Ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure, with a high degree of accuracy
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills along with high attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships within the organization
- Experience in mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Support the Senior Manager in developing and maintaining performance methodologies, calculations, benchmarks, attributions, and reports to provide timely, accurate and high-quality performance analytics
- Conduct research and recommend new ways to measure and attribute performance.
- Lead the testing of performance initiatives and projects, surface issues and recommend solution.
- Build new performance analytics and reporting models or automate existing ones to improve efficiencies and controls.
- Ensure the reporting and analytical requirements of internal and external stakeholders are met
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members
- Continue to evolve existing processes and/or establish new processes to adapt to the current needs of business
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Stay current on new investment products, strategies, trends, and industry best practices.
- Establish checks and controls to adhere to compliance and risk management policies and lead business continuity planning