Senior Operational Readiness Specialist for TTO (Transition to Operations) of mining and IT/OT industrial network solutions
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: May 15, 2023
Job End Date: Dec 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 129664
Our large Oil & Gas sector client is seeking a Senior Operational Readiness Specialist for TTO (Transition to Operations) of mining and IT/OT industrial network solutions. This is an initial contract to the end of 2023 with a possibility of renewal.
Scope of Work:
- 3+ years' experience in an Operational Readiness role OR 5+ years' in a Project Delivery position.
- 5+ years' IT or OT project-related experience in a large, complex organization
- Experience creating/managing RASCI matrices and/or Transition Readiness Plans (i.e., Transition to Operations, Readiness for Operations, Turnover to Operations, or similar)
- Experience leading integrated business units on asset sustainment process workflows
- Self-Starter and a sense of urgency in activities undertaken in ambiguous environments
- Experience working with industrial operational technology/projects
- Oil & Gas (ideally Mining) industry/project experience
- ITIL Certification
- Network operations experience/ Understanding of wired/wireless network architecture(s)
- People, process & technology strategy development and implementation
- Business, asset, and organizational readiness experience
Scope of Work:
- Work with project delivery teams on guiding implementation of readiness scope in alignment with operational sustainment needs, against established Readiness standards. (i.e., steward and review deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance; Support and advise as necessary.)
- Ensure a quality transition of the delivered solution into operational sustainment by interfacing with multiple integrated business units, coordinating transition to operations scope and activities.
- Support the preparation of operational teams/stakeholders for successful solution implementation and operationalize the support model during cutover and after Go-Live by managing the transition from project resources to post Go-Live support resources and eventually to full sustainment.
- Develop relationships with project and operational teams with the ability to influence decision making and drive readiness initiatives.
- Planning workshop/readiness meeting cadences.
- Key interface between Project, Business and Operational Sustainment stakeholders
- Following project team throughout each phase from Engineering & Design, Execution, Commissioning and Turnover to Operations (TTO)
- Own the development and iterations of complex integrated business unit RASCI’s and readiness artifacts/checklists supporting IT/OT solutions.