Senior Project Manager to support multiple agile application development projects on behalf of their IM/IT portfolio.
Our valued Public Sector Client is seeking a Senior Project Manager to support multiple agile application development projects on behalf of their IM/IT portfolio.
The Information Management and Technical Services (IM&TS) Directorate within this Federal Government department is responsible for supporting a number of information technology projects on behalf of the Department. The IM/IT project portfolio is composed of about 45 concurrent projects in different sizes and complexity. The Senior Project Manager will be required to manage small, medium to large scale, complex, multi-team, multi-platform IM-IT systems development projects and/or infrastructure design and implementation projects.
- Coordinating other Project Managers or Coordinators assigned to deliver sub project(s) of a complex project, managed by the Senior Project Manager;
- Performing project planning, develop project charter and project management plans for all knowledge areas;
- Creating, executing and maintaining project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and project demands;
- Overseeing the development of a Project Business Case (e.g. business planning and program review)
- Managing project issues and taking corrective action, as required, to deliver complete scope, at desired quality, in time and within budget for own project and suggest actions to guide and mentor
- other project managers;
- Proactively identifying project issues and risks and creating successful action plans for resolving issues and mitigating risks; minimizing project exposure and risk;
- Maintaining existing plans, PPM Office tools, procedures and systems in use within the PPM Office that are needed to manage and direct PPM Office development activities;
- Effectively applying project management methodology(ies) and enforce department project processes and standards accordingly;
- Valid Secret clearance
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Project Management
Nice to Have
- PMP or Prince2
- Experience with Azure DevOps and its environment
- University certificate, College Diploma, or University degree
- Agile Scrum Methodology Experience