Senior SAP Basis Administrator to assist with a large SAP database, application and system upgrade
Our valued client is seeking a Senior SAP Basis Administrator to assist with a large SAP database, application and system upgrade
An initial 12-month contract - with 1 renewal option of 12-months. Hybrid work model (1-2 days a week on site) in Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto.
- Introduce technical changes in the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation for all SAP instances and collaboration with ABAP development team in helping with relevant SAP Interfaces documentation.
- Coordinating the management and maintenance of the systems Maintaining the integrity of the SAP landscape by managing the SAP STMS to ensure all relevant SAP transports are promoted properly.
- Monitoring SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, dev traces, disk space) Working with other T&I teams/colleagues like SysOps & DBA to coordinate and plan proper maintenance for OS & DB related patching needs.
- Collect, document and review requirements into technical design documents based on a full understanding of the functionality required.
- Prepare feasibility studies for new technologies, or for optimization of development areas, including detailed estimation. Participate in the planning and implementation of SAP system migration, unicode conversion and upgrades. Research and propose options and resolutions to issues or enhancements in line with SAP best practice.
- Work collaboratively with the functional and ABAP teams and other T&I teams(Network, IDM, SysOps, DBA, Etc.). Identify needs for upgrading or enhancements where current technical capacity does not meet client requirements based on recurring issues or future needs.
- Develop technical test plans and test strategy for unit testing.
- Development/testing/deployment strategies for supporting our users needs for SAP’s SAPGUI UI.
- Support our Backup/restore strategies for all of our SAP Systems.
- Managing and building security roles and user management in our SAP environments.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years experience as an SAP Basis Administrator
- Experience with SAP systems administration (Unix/Linux)
- Experience with SAP NetWeaver technology for SAP application solutions (ECC, SRM, BW, Portal, GRC, & SolMan)
Nice to Have Skills:
- Excellent communication skills in French