Senior Software Development Managers (Director Level) with strong technical background and people leadership to guide the software development leaders - Fully Remote
Job Type: Permanent
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Aug 22, 2022
Job End Date: Aug 22, 2022
Pay Rate: Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: 121892
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
A large enterprise company listed in Fortune 500 is looking for Software Development Managers (Director Level) with strong technical background and people leadership to guide the development leaders that mentor and guide developers in creating high quality products
- Be the people leader of one or more teams of developers. You will inspire and support the team, ensuring that the developers possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to deliver high-quality results
- Mentor and guide softare development managers by providing continuous feedback aimed at helping them improve leadership skills.
- Co-create an inclusive, high-performance, and rewarding culture that allows people do their best work.
- Be ready to jump into a sprint or two as needed and contribute to the design and development of complex applications and maintaining or modifying existing ones.
- Partner with other leadership roles within your product family and help to connect people to our purpose, align their goals, and be amazing.
- Be responsible for delivering high quality product on time within budget adhering to software delivery guidelines and standards.
- Actively collaborates with product managers to build and refine product roadmap for their teams.
- Ensure that your services are highly scalable and resilient to support peak days throughout the year and growing business needs in production.
- 3+ years' experience in leading software development managers/team leads; supporting employees' learning and development through mentorship and coaching as well as hiring, onboarding, and general team leadership
- Demonstrated experience in building high quality products in an Agile development environment.
- Proven hands-on development experience that includes solid understanding of development practices, adherence to code standards, working with source control management, test-driven development, and contribution to the code review process.
- Wide technical background (backend/frontend development)
- Bachelors or Masters or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field