Senior Software Engineering Practice Lead to steward empowering engineer practices and operations - 4360
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Aug 01, 2022
Job End Date: Jan 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 121762
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
S.i. Systems enterprise public sector client has embraced agile practices, DevOps culture and has a thriving DevOps and Azure cloud (IaaS and PaaS) practice. Their common engeering team is seeking a Senior Software Engineering Practice Lead to steward empowering engineer practices and operations.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Assessing and stewarding software engineering practices and products, making recommendations on improvements to empower software development, testing, and operations, and maintaining a high-quality bar.
- In the common engineering system, having a healthy DevOps mindset, experience with software engineering products and products, an appetite to empower engineering, promote continuous innovation and learning, stewarding guardrails and practices, and encouraging a respectful and collaborative culture
- Participating in and leading improvements of our engineering practices, process, and products through active collaboration with communities of enablement, communities of practice, dojos, working groups, our technical blog, and engineering workshops
- Having a hunger to automate everything automatable and the curiosity to make innovation recommendations for our common engineering ecosystem.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 8+ years experience in progressively more senior software engineering roles, including in the Microsoft stack (C# .NET Core, Powershell, Typescript)
- 6+ years in a similar leadership role in an agile environment
- Practical experience in cloud native computing, including micro-services, open source, containers, PaaS, and IaaS
- Practical experience in paradigms such as object-oriented, procedural, functional, and declarative programming
- Practical experience in process modelling and value stream mapping
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services (VSTS)
- Experience with GitHub Enterprise
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training and certification like SAFe Practitioner, or willingness to take the course and obtain certification within 2 months from commencement of work
- Able to comply with COVID Vaccination policy