Senior Systems Administrator to provide support day-to-day operations on both Windows and Linux.
Our post-secondary education client is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator with network administration experience to provide support on both Windows and Linux environments.
You will be providing administration support on: Windows, Linux, Azure Cloud, Desktop Virtualization, VMWare, Storage, Security systems design
This is a fixed-term employment role till 31 March 2026. Hybrid working model: 2 days/week on-site in Vancouver.
- 6+ years experience in Windows and Linux systems administration
- 2+ years providing Tier 3 support in an organization with established ITIL practice and modern IT Service Management practice
- Experience with server and desktop virtualization technologies; VMWare
- Experience with Azure cloud
- Knowledge of network technologies and management tools; Juniper Network, Palo Alto Network, Citrix Load Balancer, Cisco Wireless, Ethernet switching, routing, TCP/IP, firewalls, network load balancers, IDS
- Experience with scripting languages such as Java or C++, Powershell, Python and Unix shell scripts