Senior Talent Development Manager to drive the process and develop strategies to improve the onboarding of new employees, skills assessment, and career development.
Job Type: Permanent
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jul 11, 2022
Job End Date: Jul 11, 2022
Pay Rate: Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: 120693
Our client is looking for a Senior Talent Development Manager to drive the process and develop strategies to improve the onboarding of new employees, skills assessment, and career development.
Nice to have:
- Provide strong people development and leadership to software development teams working in an Agile environment
- Execute Talent Development processes and conduct program reviews to drive continuous improvement of these programs.
- Assess skill gaps and manage talent risks and opportunities through talent development or acquisition
- Perform regular 1:1s and provide frequent coaching and feedback
- Work with Scrum team members to manage goal setting, ongoing peer feedback, and learning and career development planning for the Development teams in Edmonton
- Provide thought leadership to Scrum teams, Development Management, and other stakeholders to identify gaps in development/deployment processes and design and implement solutions to these challenges.
- Coach Scrum teams and stakeholders to resolve impediments and ensure they have appropriate requirements, direction, and resources to deliver effectively
- Partner with leaders across the company to help identify and champion solutions to leadership and organizational development issues
- Collaborate with the wider Development Management team in establishing annual goals, where appropriate, and driving results for their completion
- Partner with Human Resources and Learning & Training teams to maintain and support the Talent Development technology and other Talent infrastructure
- Develop reports, dashboards, and documentation based on business and management requirements
- Degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- Ability to think critically and constructively about complex business & technical problems, clearly communicate analysis, and present solutions to address the skills development needs of team members
- 8+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to develop clearly defined metrics and key agility indicators that will help you keep track of the team(s) progress
- Ability to plan and lead teams through training initiatives
- Strong organizational and project management skills are required
- Software development background
Nice to have:
- Professional Agile Leadership or Scrum certification
- Ability to quickly learn and pick up new technical concepts
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels and all areas of organization are required
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations
- Strong understanding of organizational change management