Senior Technical Writer to create bilingual guides, forms, and training packages for both IM/IT acquisition and to support a custom Task Management System (TMS) application.
Our valued public sector client is seeking a Senior Secret cleared Technical Writer to create bilingual guides, forms, and training packages for both IM/IT acquisition and to support a custom Task Management System (TMS) application.
This Technical Writer will support this Government department by turning their IM/IT needs into contract deliverables to ensure they can continue to deliver highly specialized test and evaluation services through the acquisition of specialized IM/IT equipment. The IM/IT procurement process requires support documentation and training packages. This department has also developed a custom TMS application that tracks the effort expended on each discrete task and customer. The TMS application requires support documentation and training packages.
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Technical Writer creating User/Administration Guides (10+ years)
- Proof of bilingual technical documentation that you translated or performed a technical accuracy check of the translation
- Certificate, Diploma, or Degree (Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Scientific Writing, Communications, etc.)
- Secret clearance
- Knowledge of relevant Government of Canada policies or procedures
Deliverables and Tasks:
Working with the SharePoint Architect, the duties of the resource will include but are not limited to:
- Interview stakeholders to gather information
- Prepare bilingual templates of IM/IT procurement forms
- Review and analyze specifications, notes, drawings, and other technical resources that support IM/IT procurement
- Create corporate records from completed IM/IT procurement forms
- Become familiar with the departments TMS application
- Create bilingual standard operating procedures (SOP) for the IM/IT procurement process and TMS application
- Create complex bilingual administration user guides for the IM/IT procurement process and the TMS
- Create bilingual training packages using PowerPoint for the IM/IT procurement process and the TMS
- Create standard emails templates for the IM/IT procurement process and the TMS
- Create on-line help pages for the IM/IT procurement process and the TMS
- Submit a weekly time sheet using the department's Project Tracking System procedure