Senior UX Designer to help this Crown Corp deliver high-quality, seamless user experiences for the organization's staff applications.
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Oct 17, 2022
Job End Date: Oct 20, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 123654
Location: Vancouver, Victoria
The Senior UX Designer will be responsible for the following: Designing and partnering with IT teams to deliver high-quality, seamless user experiences for the organization's staff applications. Partnering with the business and project teams to understand business requirements and needs and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive interfaces to improve quality, functionality, and performance of the applications. Guiding the design process to produce functional products that work according to the user needs and thought processes, while supporting a consistent user experience throughout. Designing and testing solutions to address critical user pain points and opportunities to simplify processes and increase efficiency. Developing wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes that will be used to build the product, test with end users, and analyze user feedback into recommendations for the project team.
- Degree or diploma in a design or technology discipline, or an equivalent combination of related experience, education and/or training.
- Minimum eight (8) years of demonstrated experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Minimum of five (5) years recent demonstrated experience in interaction design.
- Five (5) years recent demonstrated experience in large-scale software development projects with iterative design/development approach involving multiple user groups.
- Eight (8) years recent demonstrated experience producing UI/UX deliverables including prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, mockups and/or flow diagrams, and partnering with IT and business teams to implement.
- Eight (8) years recent demonstrated experience working across the entire design process from user research, insights, ideation, gathering and translating requirements, user/interface design, prototyping and iteration, and bridging to implementation.
- Eight (8) years recent demonstrated experience conducting user experience testing on large-scale transformative projects.
- Five (5) years recent demonstrated experience using interaction design to address critical user pain points and identify and implement opportunities to simplify processes and increase efficiency.