Snr Software Engineer to develop software using modern agile development techniques, create new capabilities and enhance existing ones for an aviation project
Our valued client is looking for a Snr Software Engineer to develop software using modern agile development techniques, create new capabilities and enhance existing ones for an aviation project
initial 12 month contract in Ottawa, hybrid (min 2 days a week onsite)
- Perform analysis of logical interface documents from third party vendors to determine how equipment can be integrated.
- Develop and document software to exchange data with equipment and appropriate user interfaces to allow presentation of received data and control of systems via their external interfaces.
- Design, implement and testing software features for the product
- Coach & Mentor less senior team members
- Collaborate on solutions and present findings, lead discussions
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years experience with software engineering processes and tools
- Experience with one of C, C++, Python, Java or Ada software development
- Experience with source control tools such as Clearcase, Git
- Experience with algorithmic and signal processing software
Nice to Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or applicable scientific discipline is required.
- Relevant experience working in an Agile software development program
- Strong understanding of Ada Software development in a Linux software development environment
- Strong understanding of Linux software development environment