Spanish Program Manager - working on wealth transformation for international wealth management - 31429
Spanish Program Manager
Location Address: Hybrid - 40 Temperance Street 15th Floor – 2 days in office (Mondays + Wednesdays) – 3 days WFH – need candidates in the GTA
Contract Duration: 6 months - 09/25/2023 to 03/22/2024
Story Behind the Need
Business group: IWM Advisor & Client Solutions – working on wealth transformation for international wealth management which is a BL that serves jurisdictions outside of Canada, department is focused on transformation for wealth and asset management businesses
Project: We are seeking a highly motivated team player & resilient leader to join International Wealth Management (IWM) Advisor and Client Solutions team as Program Director, Wealth Transformation. In this role, you will be accountable for leading the delivery of Wealth transformation programs and projects. You will be expected to ensure that Wealth transformation initiatives are on track by continuously improving towards solid program management governance & execution framework.
The Program Director, Wealth Transformation establishes transformation program and projects which drive the transformation of the IWM Strategic Businesses. IWM’s footprint includes 10+ jurisdictions and business lines include Private Banking; Onshore and Offshore Trust; Onshore and Offshore brokerage; Asset Management & Pensions.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact considering that the wealth transformation programs are large in scope, work with executives directly, gain exposure to international stakeholders and markets, for a top 5 Canadian Bank.
This is a demanding hands-on and strategic role which requires the incumbent to be knowledgeable of the financial services sector, knowledgeable in emerging digital trends in the Wealth Management industry, and has deep experience in collaboration with international teams, especially Pacific Alliance, Central America & Caribbean regions.
Lead delivery and governance of Wealth transformation programs and projects
• Lead International Wealth Transformation programs in alignment with the Program management framework, governance, and tools to ensure execution success. Leverage existing centers of excellence and enterprise PMO for guidance.
• Lead the development and structuring of strategic programs (e.g., Total Wealth Advisory Model, Private Banking of the future) into relevant workstreams.
• Provide program management leadership and senior executive communication for strategic initiatives. This includes leading steering committee meetings, inclusion of Wealth content in bank or divisional communications and tracking of expenditures against budget.
• Work closely with business teams and other stakeholders globally to ensure momentum on deliverables & milestones. Lead teams in resolving conflicts and roadblocks with business teams and other stakeholders to ensure momentum on deliverables & milestones.
• Effectively and proactively manage financials. Prepare funding requests & business cases in line with Finance and ePMO guidelines (e.g., yearly SIP). Manage the business cases associated with key initiatives.
Partner with in-country transformation teams for alignment & transparency purposes
• Work closely with in-country Program Leads to ensure successful management and implementation of Strategic programs within IWM.
• Own accurate updates of Wealth Transformation Programs.
• Practice cross-matrix organizational leadership, i.e. influence those beyond immediate team and stakeholders.
Identify opportunities & champion best-in-class program management
• Continuously improve program management framework, governance and tools to ensure execution success. Leverage existing centers of excellence and enterprise PMO for guidance. Champion continuous delivery improvement, such as using feedback forms, relationship building.
• Design quorums to ensure best usage of time, utilize Bank’s standard on Better at Meetings best practices.
• Thoroughly understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years of experience as a Program Manager
2) 3-5+ years’ demonstrated experience delivering Wealth Transformation Programs
3) Bilingual in Spanish (written + verbal)
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills
No specific education – focus is on experience