Sr BSA with Capital Markets experience to work on a Swift payment flows project for our large financial client- 31710
Location Address: Hybrid (1x/week on Wednesdays),
Contract Duration: 6 months
# of positions - 1
Story Behind the Need
- Business group: GWRT - Global Risk Technology
- Project: ISO 20022, compliance with new ISO standard for payment messages. Applications in scope: Wallstreet FX, Wallstreet MM, TickTrade
- Reason for request: New resource required
Typical Day in Role
- Contributing to the success of the ISO 20022 project
- Manage the collection of business requirements and preparation of functional requirements for development to build
- Understanding full end-to-end scope of settlement instructions, creation and maintenance, and the generation of payment messages.
- Mapping out the outbound flow of payment messages from source trading system through to BNS payment hub and out to client, as well as the inbound flow of payment messages from client to destination application.
- Working with different vendors to understand how settlement instructions are gathered and stored in each application, understanding the flow of settlement instructions from upstream channels into the book of record, and designing a migration plan to ensure settlement instructions are in compliance with the new ISO standards.
- Working with downstream global payments teams to design a solution for both short term and target state for compliance with the different ISO20022 project dates.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business stakeholders, various technology teams and production support teams.
- Will be working internally with the project team, other BSAs, Developers, as well as with some business users
Must Have Skills
- 10+ years’ experience within in the capacity of a BA/BSA
- 3+ years’ recent experience in Capital Markets technology space
- Recent hands-on experience working with payment messages (Swift MT messages)
- Recent experience working on Back Office initiatives for Capital Markets.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with the SDLC (testing and technical specifications), as well as a strong understanding of configurations, technical mappings, data attributes
Nice to have Skills
- Technology or Operational experience with Wallstreet is a great asset
- Professional experience writing and designing SQL queries is an asset
- Working knowledge of Unix is an asset
Best vs Average: Seeking a BSA with previous experience working on complex back-office initiatives, hands-on experience with payment messages, understanding of the full end-to-end flow for outbound/inbound payment flow, and full understanding of the ISO20022 new standard requirements.