Sr. Cognitive Engineering Specialist to conduct research and development in areas such as cognitive modeling, training and decision-aiding for complex systems, human behavior simulation, intelligent-agent technologies, and eye-voice interfaces
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jan 07, 2019
Job End Date: Dec 31, 2021
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 89892
Our valued private sector client requires a Sr. Cognitive Engineering Specialist to conduct research in areas such as cognitive modeling, training and decision-aiding for complex systems, human behavior simulation, intelligent-agent technologies, and eye-voice interfaces.
- Develop, administer, and analyse questionnaires and interviewing personnel (including high level decision makers).
- Conduct on-site studies using configurable laboratory or military test-beds or in a field environment under operational conditions. Compiling, analysing and interpreting the results of these studies including any limitations of the results.
- Apply Human Factors related standards and handbooks, e.g., MIL-STD-1472F, MIL-HBK-759C, MIL-HBK-46855.
- Gather and organize artefacts.
- Apply concept of System-of-Systems (SoS), human systems integration (HSI) and experience in applying HSI principles.
- Conduct risk assessment and perform risk modelling. 6 Roth, E. M., Patterson, E. S., and Mumaw, R. J. Cognitive Engineering: Issues in User-Centered System Design. In J.J. Marciniak, Ed. Encylopedia of Software Engineering (2nd Edition). NY: John Wiley and Sons, 2002. Describes the use of CTA, CWA, ACWA, and computational cognitive modeling in the design of user-centered systems.
- 10+ years of experience in Cognitive Engineering , or 5+ years of experience with a relevant Ph.D.
- Conducting research and development in artificial intelligence and apply the results in areas such as cognitive modeling, training and decision-aiding for complex systems, human behavior simulation, intelligent-agent technologies, and eye-voice interfaces.
- Conducting Social Network Analysis.
- Developing intelligent training technologies, advanced human-computer interaction technologies, and human behavioural models.
- Conducting cognitive task analysis and develop executable human behavioural models.
- Managing and provide technical leadership for cognitive engineering projects.
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing a broad range of defence and security experiments, including specific psychological, and/or social-psychological and/or organizational issues in individual and team performance.
- Identify and decompose high level MOEs and MOPs and propose means of obtaining data for MOE and MOP measurement.
- Design and develop models in support of experiment design including competence working with software development tools.