Sr. Data Scientist to assist with a Data Migration project in the Financial space
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jul 04, 2022
Job End Date: Dec 31, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 120785
Location: Calgary, Edmonton
Our client is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to assist with a Data Migration project in the Financial space
- 7-10 years of hand-on experience in a data science/modeling role solving high impact business problems
- Capable to have in-depth understanding of the current SAS code and the methodology
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- Expereince with Python and various Statistics and Machine Learning packages
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLM's
- Work closely with the Business Owner and subject matter experts (SMEs) on the AMASS (Accelerated Migration of Analytics Self Service) project in Risk Management / ATB Business by Making plans and estimating work efforts to prepare the migration process.
- Participating in the process to bring data into the GCP (Google Cloud Platform), model it and validate it.
- Developing and / or redesigning some of the reporting and analytics for each SMEs.
- Supporting the ongoing process of report development through governance and some level of technical support
- Converting and /or optimizing current SAS programs to future platform (Python and or VIYA)
- BigQuery and GCP experience