Sr ETL Developer to assist with designing, coding, and documenting ETL processes for our large financial client 31452
Location Address: Hybrid - 2 days in office (Monday + Wednesday) / 3 WFH
Contract Duration: 8 months
Number of Positions: 1
Reason: Additional Workload
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Data Models & Analytics – support finance technology at the Bank
Project: Supporting ETL for finance reporting applications from Oracle
Typical Day in Role:
- Provide technical expertise in designing, coding, and documenting ETL processes for new initiatives.
- Independently support existing applications and resolve issues.
- Estimate and deliver on individual tasks within project.
- Perform code review of code developed by technical consultants and oversee their work.
- Highlight technical issues and challenges and propose creative solutions.
- Investigate product issues, speak to users, resolve those issues
Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a similar role ETL DEV (software engineer, developer)
- 5+ years of DataStage experience
- 2-3 years+ of experience with Autosys or Control M for scheduling
- 5-7 years of PL/SQL
- 5-7 years of Unix Shell Scripting
- 5-7 years of Informatica PowerCenter development experience
- Database skills with experience with Data Warehousing (MOLAP, ROLAP, EDW)
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft, OBI, Oracle, OFSAA, FAH - how they work, pull data from them
- Experience from FI/banking
- Experience with JIRA / Confluence
Bachelor’s in technology, engineering field preferred
PM certifications (Agile)
Best VS. Average Candidate:
Ideal candidate is a go getter, and is able to take ownership of the work they have with minimal hand-holding, on top of having all the must haves + nice to haves. The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in Data warehousing, ETL processes, and scheduling.
Candidate Review & Selection
1 round panel interview– MS Teams Video Interviews – video must be on – 45 minutes – with ETL team – possible technical assessment, will confirm in interviews