Sr. Financial Analyst to recommend improvements to ensure that financial controls and business processes are operating effectively - 2228
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Aug 22, 2022
Job End Date: Nov 22, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 122265
Sr. Financial Analyst to recommend improvements to ensure that financial controls and business processes are operating effectively - 2228Location: Markham (Hybrid 50/50)
Length: 3 Months (Possibility of extension)
The primary role of this position is to coordinate, advise and recommend improvements to ensure that financial controls and business processes across the entire company are operating efficiently and effectively. This role will have considerable exposure and influence on strategic decision makers in the organization and will report to the AVP, Front Line Controls.
- Plan and conduct testing of controls, oversee new business and change activity controls.
- Ensure that all financial processes at are fully documented and accurate, all key financial risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ensure company is compliant with all Financial Reporting Control Framework (FRCF) requirements.
- Provide support as required to the external audit requests.
- Contribute to the production of reports to key partners including the Board Committees on the effectiveness of financial controls, and internal control environment.
- Advise senior management on standard methodologies to optimize control and business processes.
- Manage additional projects or external audit support, as it arises
Must Have Skills:
- 4-8 yrs of experience in a Financial Analyst (or related) role
- Experience with general accounting/ internal auditing/ controls testing (ideally SOX testing)
- Experience with Internal Audit software
- Understanding of financial accounting of risks faced by an organization and risk mitigation techniques
Nice to Have Skills:
Financial Services or Consulting firm experience