Sr. Financial Analyst to support month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process for large banking client - 51642
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: May 22, 2023
Job End Date: May 24, 2024
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 129713
Sr. Financial Analyst to support month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process for large banking client - 51642Location: Downtown Toronto (hybrid)
Duration: 12 months (possibility of extension or FT)
Consolidates, analyzes, and reports on the financial performance of the business / group to support the month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process, including financial reporting and financial governance.
• Analyzes financial results to support financial period closing and reporting processes and provide insights and recommendations.
• Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for assigned legal entity, business, or group financial information packages.
• Supports the preparation of journal entries, monthly / quarterly reporting packages and financial statements, including applicable tax payments and reconciliations, in accordance with accounting rules and standards.
• Provides information and supports the process for internal (e.g. corporate and SOX) and external audits.
Must Have Skills:
- 4-6 years as a Financial Analyst
- Experience supporting the month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process
- Internal/External Audit experience
- Banking/FI experience
Nice to Have Skills:
- Professional Accountant designation
- Treasury or cash management operations experience