Sr. Information & Knowledge Management Specialist to support the discovery, creation, and dissemination of knowledge in the organization.
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jan 07, 2019
Job End Date: Dec 31, 2021
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 89888
Our valued private sector client requires a Sr. Information & Knowledge Management Specialist to support the discovery, creation, and dissemination of knowledge in the organization.
- Provide experience and expertise in Information Management and Decision Support in a R&D environment in the following S&T topics:
- Knowledge Representation – Formalisms;
- Data Management;
- Information Management Services;
- Data Quality;
- Natural Language Processing;
- Document / Content management;
- Security / Privacy;
- Web Information Services.
- Must have twelve years of experience as a Information & Knowledge Management Specialist with a relevant Master diploma, or 5+ years of experience with a relevant Ph.D or 10+ years of experience.
- Experience Investigating mechanisms to facilitate information/knowledge sharing among users in order to develop shared situation awareness.
- Experience Investigating different ways to search and retrieve information from large information sources (both structured and unstructured), with interactive capabilities;
- Experience Investigating different ways to facilitate collaboration in the building of collective intelligence.
- Experience Investigating different ways to organize and manage information and provide a contextual support.
- Ability to exploit structures such as semantic networks, ontologies, and meta-data to establish links between domain models and information sources.
- Develop research and implementation strategies for knowledge management, information management, document and records management and data management. This includes project management of knowledge initiatives and retrieval of critical archived information.
- Investigating knowledge discovery techniques, including data and text mining, intelligent searches, document categorization and summarization.
- Analyzing NLP systems and capabilities.
- Required specialties may include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge representation languages, e.g., OWL, RDF, SPARQL, etc.
- Query languages (e.g., SPARQL);
- Conceptual modeling software tools;
- Data modeling software tools