Sr Java Developer to support the Enhancement of current derivative product system for our large financial client -31313
Location Address: Hybrid (1x a week),
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Story Behind the Need
- Business group: GTRE – Derivatives Trading Platform
- Project: DPM project – Enhancement of current derivative product system to be more robust and more extendable
- Reason for request: New resourced needed to support project
Typical Day in Role:
- Development and support of a high-volume, low-latency trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
- Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
- Hold meetings for issue investigations and solutions
- Timely response on critical production problems.
- Join scrum meetings and provide status update
- Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
- Guide team members through technical issues and challenges
- Champions a high-performance environment using a coaching mindset, behaviors and embracing The Banks values and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
- 10+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate (in order of priority)
- 3+ years experience in micro services development
- 1+ years experience of using DevOps tools for Micro Services development: Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana etc. With hands on experience in setting up DevOps infrastructure, including above tools.
- Strong experience with relational or no sql databases
- Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build;
• Broad understanding of Information Security and Technology domains with focus on the Financial Industry will be an asset
• Capital Markets experience, in trading or analytical platforms
Best vs Average: Seeking a resource with strong experience leading a team in development work, developing high-volume, low-latency systems..
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent