Location: Downtown Toronto (2-3 Days In Office)
Length: 6 Months (High possibility of extension)
• Strong Java 8+ knowledge. Java server side development experience.
• Must be able to debug the existing code, extend the functionality and/or fix issues if any.
• Understanding of micro service architecture and ability to write REST APIs
• Can write sensible tests to verify functionalities and endpoints
• Has prior hands-on experience around any CI-CD tooling.
• ReactJS knowledge
• Knowledge of PostGres
• Experience of SQL
• How to write Technical documentation
• How to liaise effectively with users – in this role this will be with relationship managers and business functions (e.g. Legal, Ops, KYC).
• Experience of working in a front-office environment in an investment bank is advantageous
• Front Office development team in Large Investment Bank, supporting global trading desk
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work comfortably both within a team and independently as required
• A flexible approach to delivery responsibility
As a Full Stack Developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
• Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
• Forward thinking for other devices and required accessibility.
• Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
• Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
• Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
• Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We deliver each change to production before moving onto the next.
• Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support.
• Participate in intra-day and overnight Support.