Sr. OpenShift Administrator to support an Ongoing Technical Debt Reduction Initiative within the Public Sector
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jul 25, 2022
Job End Date: Mar 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Daily: Negotiable
Job ID: 121643
Our valued public sector client is seeking a Sr. OpenShift Administrator to support an Ongoing Technical Debt Reduction Initiative
As a response to increased demand and client expectations, the client is undertaking a Digital Transformation that will fundamentally alter how they achieve their mission for Canada through the Digital Platform Modernization program. The three phased program (Stabilize, Standardize and Enhance) which is currently focusing on the second phase (Standardize); stabilizing the existing IT environment and addressing technical debt that has accumulated over many years. This imperative was further exacerbated by COVID-19, which significantly increased the demand for online services.
Tasks (Including but not limited to):
- Leverage OpenShift Enterprise components to manage deployed applications.
- Customize resources and processes used by OpenShift Enterprise.
- Deploy multi container applications
- Monitor the health of OpenShift clusters
- Configure authentication and authorization
- Restrict permissions of applications using security context constraints and protect access credentials using secrets.
- Troubleshoot OpenShift software-defined networking (SDN) and configure network policies.
- Control pod scheduling
- Control the size of an OpenShift cluster via scaling and perform cluster updates
- Use the web console to manage a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
- Perform diagnostics on OpenShift clusters.
- Back up and restore critical data for OpenShift clusters.
- Manage OpenShift and operating system resources to keep clusters running efficiently.
- Configure and troubleshoot CI\CD processes using Tekton
- Configure and troubleshoot Openshift GitOps processes