Sr. Project Manager strategic planning and project management to transition an Emergency Communications Center to Next Generation 9-1-1 phone services
Our client is looking for a Sr. Project Manager strategic planning and project management to transition an Emergency Communications Center to Next Generation 9-1-1 phone services.
You will also be required to assist in the purchase and implementation of a new CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) and RMS (Records Management System) for the County’s Fire Services department. The Consultant will work directly with Information Services (IS), the Emergency Communications Center (ECC) and Fire Services representatives. They will also work with County staff and vendors providing services relating to this RFP.
- 8+ years experience Project Management for mission critical technical systems
- Canadian Next Generation 9-1-1 knowledge and experience
- CAD and related system knowledge (MDTs, AVL, etc.) with implementation and configuration experience
- RMS and related system knowledge
- Migration Experience from various platforms
- Dispatch experience
Nice to Have's:
- Experience with vendors for coordination of training delivery in a 24/7 work environment
- Experience with organizational change management and adoption of new technologies
- Experience working with Office 365 and Teams
Scope of Work:
- Providing guidance, subject matter expert advice and strategic direction throughout the project.
- Lead the planning and implementation of technologies to meet the Alberta 9-1-1 standards:
-Lead the planning and implementation of the ECC to accept NG9-1-1 voice communications and associated emergency incident information by connecting to the ESInet.
-Lead the planning and implementation of accepting RTT (real time text) capability.
- Lead the procurement process for the CAD and RMS systems. This would include drafting of scope and evaluation criteria, reviewing submissions, providing recommendations.
- Working with selected technology vendors to represent the County and our interests to implement the technology solutions.
- Act as Project Manager and lead the assigned team in the implementation of the CAD and RMS replacement.
- Be the primary day-to-day contact for the CAD and RMS vendors on behalf of County.
- Provide support for IS staff with configuration and technical requirements for the NG9- 1-1 transition and new systems.
- Assist with the coordination of the training of the IT, ECC and Fire Services staff on the new technology solutions.
- Provide and maintain documentation related to the project. (meeting minutes, Gantt charts, Project Charter, Status Reports)