Sr. Project Manager to support a multi-year transformation project an insurance client - 4612
Sr. Project Manager to support a multi-year transformation project for an insurance client - 4612
Duration: 6 months (possibility for extension)
Location: Remote (prefer GTA, Waterloo, Montreal areas)
Reporting into the Project Management Chapter, you will be part of our exciting journey as we embark on with a focus on driving forward new ways of working, bringing Business, IT and Operations closer together in delivery Client Value. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for planning, managing, and implementing complex medium to large technical and business project(s) supporting our business partner’s strategic objectives and goals.
- Manage all phases of IT/Business projects from initiation to closure while leveraging best practice standards and processes.
- Ensure the definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality, and measures of success.
- Manage stakeholder relationships to ensure project delivery expectations are specified and successfully met.
- Develop and manage detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates and resource plans in conjunction with project team members and other involved business and IT teams.
- Work with multi site project teams
- Monitor and report on project status highlighting issues and risks appropriately. And, as necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Define and manage project risks and issues ensuring appropriate strategies and plans are in place to mitigate or handle effectively. Proactively escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
Must Have Skills:
- 8 - 10 years as a Project Manager working on transformation projects(managing multiple initiatives and various stakeholders with different agendas)
- Experience working on a Digital Transformation bringing Business, IT and Operations closer together.
- Strong knowledge of Agile delivery methodology
- FinTech/Insurance experience
Nice To Have Skills:
- PMP Certification or equivalent, and in good standing with PMI.
- PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner or equivalent
- University degree, college diploma or appropriate experience in lieu of.