Sr. Python Developer to upgrade and enhance Capital Markets systems for large Pension client - 4744
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Nov 21, 2022
Job End Date: Nov 20, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 124836
Sr. Python Developer to upgrade and enhance Capital Markets systems for large Pension client - 4744Location: North York (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 months (possibility of extension)
Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, supporting and enhancing the software systems of the Global Credit group, a part of the Capital Markets department.
You will work alongside other software developers and investment professionals in a world class investment team with a focus on improving and maintaining various components of the team’s software infrastructure. You will report to a Senior Manager, Solution & Quality Engineering.
- Maintain and improve the team’s software infrastructure which runs all aspects of the team’s systematic investment process including trading, execution and research.
- Add incremental improvements to accommodate future research & production needs such as the expansion into new instruments/asset classes, trading frequencies, execution styles, etc.
- Collaborate and co-develop with QSR implementation team, currently supporting aspects of trading and execution infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain the integrity and speed of the group’s tick database, and other data repositories.
Must Have Skills:
- 8+ years software design/development experience
- 5+ years application development experience in Capital Markets or Investments
- 5+ years experience with Python
- Good understanding of Excel VBAs
- Experience with PowerBI
- Experience with SQL Server
- Bloomberg API experience (B-Pipe)
- Financial Industry knowledge
- Experience creating data models
- Exposure to various software development methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery, Scrum and Agile
- Experience with the following technologies, or equivalents: Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, UrbanCode.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with MATLAB, C#
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course and/or CFA candidacy