Sr. SAS Administrator to support and maintain existing multi-terabyte environment legacy environment's SAS implementation
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Dec 01, 2023
Job End Date: Dec 31, 2026
Pay Rate: Hourly: $ 81
Job ID: 133510
Location: Calgary, Winnipeg, Victoria, Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, London, Halifax, Edmonton, Regina
Our client is looking for a Sr. SAS Administrator to support and maintain existing multi-terabyte environment legacy environment's SAS implementation
- 5+ years of experience supporting multi-terabyte SAS environments (SAS 9.4 M7 and Viya 3.5) that are enterprise wide and serve multiple business units
- Experience supporting and maintaining SAS Base, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS DI Studio and SAS Management Console
- Strong experience installing SAS 9.4/Viya software and patches in AWS environment
- Experience with UNIX OS
- Experience with Active Directory integration for SAS implementations
Nice to Have's:
- Good understanding of systems, networking, and storage
- Experience in communicating across systems teams for their execution of SAS patching and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and data warehouse best practices.
- Proactive thinking towards improving legacy system implementations.
- Aptitude and desire to learn other administrator tools in the team's environment and area of responsibility for support.
- Able to deploy developer code from development environment to test and production environments in accordance with release schedules.
Description of Duties:
- Support and maintain existing multi-terabyte environment legacy environment's SAS implementation.
- Work with developers to assist in troubleshooting and deploying code via release schedule.
- Coordinate with systems team for their implementation of OS patches, SAS patches, Upgrade, SSL update, License renewal across the enterprise.
- Look for improvements in the legacy environment to add automation or improve efficiency.