Sr. Translator (English and French) to translate a wide variety of documents for our Insurance Client - 2317
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: May 31, 2023
Job End Date: Dec 18, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 130114
Sr. Translator (English and French) to translate a wide variety of documents for our Insurance Client - 2317Location: Montreal (1 Day in Office - Thursdays)
Length: 6 Months (High possibility of extension)
Must Have Skills:
- A minimum of five years of experience in translation, preferably in a structured environment (law firm, corporate language department, translation agency); experience in editing is an asset.
- Proficiency in French grammar, spelling and writing.
- Certified translator (OTTIAQ, ATIO), or in the process of becoming one.
- Certified Insurance Professional (CIP), or in the process of becoming one.
What You’ll Do
• Translate a wide variety of documents (letters, announcements, forms, guides, newsletters, guidelines, software interfaces, brochures, etc.) related to the company’s P&C business for clients, brokers, and employees.
• Act as a linguistic specialist in various subjects, fields, and special projects.
• Act as the subject matter expert for the other translators.
• Answer internal and external client questions and offer advice.
• Work closely with internal INSURANCE clients and other members of the Linguistic Services team to ensure relevance, accuracy, and conformity of translated documents.
• Enter and update all project relevant information in the translation project management system.
• Create new terminology records and update terminology databases, as required.
• Complete all other tasks assigned by the Linguistic Services project manager.