Vancouver-based Senior Project Manager to deliver infrastructure projects for government clients - SOW20231110BP - Nov 27 - 2
S.i. Systems public healthcare client is seeking a Senior Project Manager to deliver infrastructure projects for the BC Health Authorities. No prior health experience is required.
LONG TERM ENGAGEMENT. 1 year contract + 1 year extensions (plural, many consultants have been there 4+ years)
40 hours / week
Pay rate: $80 / hour (Seeking 6+ years experience)
LOCAL, based in Vancouver, access to a vehicle and able to visit sites (hospitals, clinics). We must disclose your COVID vaccination status (must be vaccinated).
Trips less than 30km from client HO in Willingdon can not be expensed.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 6+ years project management experience, managing a range of IT infrastructure (servers, storage, voice / data / wireless networking) projects in large, outsourced IT service delivery organizations
- Strong budget management skills.
- Training and experience with best practice project management techniques and processes, in a large environment (Telcos, government, integrators with big clients)
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team of technical resources.
NICE TO HAVE
· The Technical Project Manager roles lead and coordinate all aspects of the IT infrastructure projects undertaken by the Project Services department for the Health Authorities, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan
· These roles are responsible for tracking /managing the project deliverables, schedule, financials, and quality
· Management of project resources, including network infrastructure, data storage, server / virtualization, and database services resources, as required, based on the scope of the assigned projects
· Establishes detailed project plans, schedules and action plans to produce project deliverables
· Executes project plans according to the established project management methodology, to ensure the successful and coordinated completion of project components
· Tracks project progress according to the project plan, and reports on the status of the projects and any key issues that are encountered
· Consults with stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation
· Preparation of project change requests for any changes in scope, schedule, and budget
· Review and approval of the project IT Infrastructure deliverables and artifacts, ensuring accuracy and completeness
· Develops / distributes regular project status reports and leads / attends regular client project status meetings
· Leads the development process for IT infrastructure project proposals of varying degrees of complexity, costs and impact, on behalf of various external HAs across the province, working internally within their own team and with other Technology Services groups to conclude the project proposal process, utilizes professional expertise in proposal management, development, solving, estimating, tracking and reporting, client engagement, and stakeholder relationship development and management
· Collaborates with Solution Architects and other Technology Services resources to determine the technology feasibility, constraints and options / requirements; translates technical solution(s) / specifications into clearly articulated and easily understood language for proposals
· Manages internal and external stakeholder relationships related to the proposal development / approval process
· Reviews and discusses all components of the proposal with the client(s) and confirms requirements; takes questions and explains the rationale behind the resource estimates, infrastructure / technology options and solutions, including what cannot be done, and reworks the project proposal based on client feedback